In-House Legal Counsel (Commodities Trading), 3-5PQE - London
Our client is a global energy & commodities trading company with 40 offices worldwide. This is a new recruit for a position based in London for Legal Counsel with approximately 3-5 years of post admitted experience. It is an opportunity for a Lawyer to jump straight in and work at the heart of an entrepreneurial business. You will report into General Counsel.
In this position there will be a focus on prior experience and background from an oil major, energy trading firm, shipping, investment bank or law firm.
Commodities financing will form a significant part of your portfolio as will advising on structured transactions and assisting with negotiations between clients, partners and subcontractors. Your work will be a mixture of commercial, litigation and arbitration.
- Provide legal advice regarding commodities trading with a focus on oil and oil products.
- Advise and negotiate on transactions such as joint ventures, financing structures, offtake arrangements and cross-commodity agreements.
- Draft, review and negotiate a range of documentation such as credit support, security instruments and confidentiality agreements.
- Advise on regulatory aspects.
- Be flexible regarding providing other legal advice and support, as necessary.
- Be 3-5 years post qualified in England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction, based in London.
- Have the rights to live and work in the UK.
- Enjoy working in a flat structured, non-hierarchical team.
- Have an ability to work under pressure and meet critical business deadlines.
A competitive base salary is being offered as well as other bonus and benefits and incentives.
To hear more, please contact Donna Rosenberg. All applications and conversations are strictly private & confidential.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit
Apply for In-House Legal Counsel (Commodities Trading), 3-5PQE - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly