French Speaking ISDA Negotiator
- Full Time
Preparing, negotiating and arranging execution of all agreements and other affiliates required to facilitate OTC and exchange derivative trading relationships with global counterparties, and to provide legal advice and ancillary services as necessary for the completion of this task.
The company specialises in trading and marketing to customers wishing to hedge commodity price risk using derivatives products in Energy (Oil, Gas, Power, Coal, and Emissions), Base Metals, Iron Ore and Steel.
Preparing, negotiating and arranging execution of all agreements (principally ISDA & FIA Master Agreements) .
* Negotiating agreements including preparing and submitting draft documents to clients prior to negotiation and execution of final original documents and any subsequent amendments thereto.
* Undertaking due diligence prior to and post completion of agreements e. commissioning and review of legal opinions and supporting documents.
* Creating new standard template agreements in line with current legal advice.
* Providing advice as required on legal issues
* Providing updates as necessary on status and outstanding issues.
* Carrying out any ancillary administrative task required by Head of Legal, Documentation Manager and Senior Management.
* Coordinating with Business, Credit, Compliance, Client Services Group, PMO, Operations and chief officers and obtaining terms and approvals necessary for the completion of agreements.
* Providing advice to the Operations and Confirmations Department.
* Instructing external law firms for advice, processing associated bills and maintaining records.
* Arranging new agreements to be issued in the event that existing agreements expire.
* Dealing directly with counterparties to agree agreements terms.
* Researching legal materials (e. books and on-line resources) to facilitate completion of duties
French lawyer or French Speaking UK Lawyer with demonstrable experience of previous ISDA and FBF work preferably with the experience and ability to negotiate other trading agreements (especially FIA Master Agreements and Terms of Business).
Sound knowledge and experience drafting and negotiating in both English and French language.
Non-legally qualified candidates will be considered but must have sound derivatives experience and French drafting and negotiation skills.
* German language drafting skills and Rahmenvertrag negotiation experience preferred but not essential.
* Good attention to detail and organsation skills.
* Team player, able to work under pressure, prioritise and respond to deadlines.
* Personable individual who is able to liaise, communicate and build working relationships both internally and external.
Competitive day rate
Temp to Perm
Hybrid way of working