In House Litigation Solicitor
In House Litigation Solicitor - Permanent Position
Victoria, London (hybrid working on offer)
The Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) is the leading network of independent girls’ schools, educating approximately 8% of all girls at UK independent schools. This in-house litigation position is based within the Fees Department, which is responsible for the billing and collecting of fees for all 23 independent schools in the GDST.
Based in the GDST’s new offices in the heart of Victoria, London (with hybrid working on offer), this is an exciting time to join the GDST who is preparing to celebrate it’s 150-year history in 2022.
The successful candidate will become part of the Fees Legal Team, which consists of three further Solicitors and a Paralegal.
The Fees Department Solicitor will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of their own debt recovery caseload, which will range from pre-action stage to trial and enforcement. You will need to work effectively with colleagues in the Trust’s Fees Department, and will also have direct contact with the GDST schools in order to conduct and progress cases. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with all tasks, whilst complying with the Trust’s procedures and working practices.
This rare in-house legal opportunity will provide the successful candidate with a large amount of civil litigation experience, and with the opportunity to take responsibility for their own caseload.
Skills & Experience
- You will be a solicitor with 1 Year PQE +.
- A working knowledge of the CPR and civil case progression.
- Recent and relevant civil litigation experience including issuing proceedings (paper and MCOL), drafting Witness Statements, Applications, Costs Budgets, etc.
- Experience preparing for and attending civil trials and mediations.
- Up to date basic knowledge of Data Protection/GDPR legislation.
- Ability to handle a large and diverse caseload.
Salary & Benefits
- £35,000 per annum.
- 30 days annual leave per annum plus additional leave over the Christmas period.
To apply, simply upload your CV via the link below