Clinical Negligence Associate
An established, regional firm seeks an associate to join their medical negligence team, based in the West Midlands.
They are an energetic, stable law firm where long-term relationships, community, reputation, partnership and balance matters.
As an Associate you will be working in a demanding environment where your technical expertise, strong work ethic, attention to detail and determination to exceed client expectations are vital attributes.
You will handle a wide ranging case load of matters at all stages of the litigation process.
The work will range from assisting with catastrophic injury claims to advising at inquests.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a caseload of clinical negligence cases from cradle to grave
- Experience in dealing with and assisting with a wide range of clinical negligence matters
- Taking client instructions and analysing legal and medical issues to determine prospects of success on case
- Drafting instructions to medical experts and reviewing expert reports
- Drafting legal documents at all stages of proceedings including letters of claim, schedules of loss and witness statements
Experience and Qualities Required
- Previous clinical negligence experience (either claimant or defendant)
- Experience of dealing with litigated cases through the court process
- Excellent communication and client care skills
- Good communication, organisational and team skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others
- Interest in coronial law and the inquest procedure is desired
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career as a clinical negligence solicitor with a firm who really value and nurture talent!
If you are interested, please get in touch.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Clinical Negligence Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly