Social Care Lawyer
Social Care Lawyer – 4 months initially – Full Time – Local Authority
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a busy Local Authority, who are known for their excellent team culture, who are recruiting for a Social Care Lawyer to join their department.
This is a full-time assignment (36 hours per week).
- To provide professional/ technical advice and guidance in children, adult and education cases to colleagues, managers and partner agencies to contribute to the delivery of the Council’s objectives and priorities
- To conduct proceedings in the Family Proceedings Court, County Court, High Court, Crown Court and Magistrate Court or any other Tribunal and comply with applicable time limits.
- The post holder’s case load may include high profile, politically sensitive and financially weighted cases
- To deal with all types of public law children and adult matters and to report to, liaise with and assist the Chief Solicitor Social Care and the Borough Solicitor as necessary
- To advise on SEN cases and other education matters.
- To prepare and process all matters relevant to child protection cases before any court, inquiry or tribunal, including the evaluation of evidence, drafting applications and statements and having general conduct of all matters.
- To appear as the Council’s advocate in Courts, Tribunals, Inquiries or other hearings as appropriate.
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Fellow of CILEX entitled to practice in England and Wales
- Broad knowledge of local government law or equivalent knowledge
- Desirable to have experience of working within Local Government
- Desirable to have had experience advocating in the Family Courts, and/or in clerking for exclusion panels or at SEN tribunal hearings
- Knowledge and experience of civil procedures and procedure
Interested? For further information, please contact Imogen Boles Gray on , alternatively email .
This role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
Apply for Social Care Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly