Contentious Construction Legal Director
Contentious Construction - Legal Director - leading regional firm - West Midlands
A Contentious Construction Legal Director at the 8 PQE level upwards is sought by a leading regional firm in the West Midlands. This is an opportunity to join a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that works on a range of construction projects and construction disputes for clients in a broad range of sectors. The firm is happy to consider candidates who are looking to work flexibly and hybrid working will continue as standard.
As a Contentious Construction Legal Director at this highly regarded regional firm, your role would involve:
· Advising clients (developers, employers, contractors/sub-contractors and professionals) in connection with construction and engineering claims and disputes to include the preparation, presentation and pursuit/defence of claims.
· Working mainly on contentious construction work but also working alongside the non-contentious construction arm of the team.
To be successful in your application for this Contentious Construction Legal Director position, you will:
· Be at the 8+ PQE level (or with equivalent experience) and a focus on contentious construction matters.
· Candidates with mixed contentious/non-contentious experience are also encouraged to provided the bias of experience and preference is towards contentious construction.
· Have a solid understanding of the standard form construction contracts.
· Be driven and passionate about construction law with the ability to think creatively.
· Be a good team player.
· Have strong negotiation and drafting skills.
· Be able to demonstrate a keen interest in building and maintaining strong client relationships and developing new relationships and also able to supervise juniors.
The successful Contentious Construction Legal Director will be rewarded with:
· The opportunity to work in a tight knit team environment at a firm that really values and cares for its staff.
· Strong partner support with a clear path for further progression through the ranks.
· A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If you would like to apply for this Contentious Construction Legal Director position in the West Midlands, please apply with an up to date CV or for a confidential chat please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
Apply for Contentious Construction Legal Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly