SSQ is pleased to be partnering with a top US law firm to source a Conflicts Lawyer based in London.
The successful applicant will be part of the team responsible for ensuring that all processes involved in taking on a new client/matters are adhered to and in respect to the firms risk management procedures.
These procedures will range from conducting conflict checks for the firms office to the tracking of client terms and retainers. Moreover, the successful applicant will also be asked to carry out anti-money laundering checks from time to time and oversee information barriers and record referrals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing conflict checks on every new matter globally to identify and resolve legal and commercial conflicts of interest.
- Review every new client and matter opportunity through analysis of internal and external information.
- Discern and recognise wider risk and reputational, sanctions, fiscal crime, conflict issues through matter risk assessment.
- Collaborating with partners and staff regarding conflict check results, processes and policies.
- Ensuring the London team have a close working relationship with the organisation's global offices.
- Contribute to the blueprint of an effective and mutually supportive conflicts team globally.
- Influence the design and optimisation of conflicts and information barrier management tech.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience must include:
- Bachelor's degree in Law.
- Work experience in a professional services environment in this field for a year (exceptions can be made based upon the candidates proficiencies).
- Understanding of the legal and professional regime applying to conflicts of interest and confidential information.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
For more information regarding the role, please contact
Apply for Conflicts Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly