Conflicts Analyst (Magic Circle Firm)
our new company
Our client is a Magic Circle legal practice with a global presence, renowned for their high quality of banking, corporate, international capital markets and litigation advice and have major strengths in areas such as employment and benefits, real estate and tax. They're now recruiting for a Conflicts Analyst to join their team in Belfast on a 12 Month contract.
Your new role
The main objective of the role will be assisting the team in conducting Conflicts of Interest analysis. The ideal candidate would be willing to work flexibly, including working some weekends.
This role will work as part of a dynamic global team and have an opportunity to be involved in a number of different areas specifically in relation to conflicts but also aspects of financial crime, sanctions and general risk management.
Role and responsibilities;
- Taking responsibility for conflict searches and individual matter inception requests submitted via the business acceptance system and then monitoring the progress of such requests to conclusion (using workflow technology).
- Analysing the information submitted by fee-earners in conflict searches and matter inception.
- Applying relevant laws, professional rules, regulations and company compliance policy to conflict search requests covering varied and wide-ranging work types.
- Performing relevant databases searches to satisfy company regulatory requirements (e. in relation to sanctions, conflicts of interest and anti money laundering).
- Liaising with partners and other relevant fee-earners and with support departments such as Finance and Business Development at appropriate stages of the business acceptance process.
- Applying judgement and decision-making in relation to individual conflict searches and matter inception requests (including supporting and facilitating company processes by which commercial and strategic decisions are made about what new business to accept) and spotting and, if needed, then referring any issues 'up chain'.
- Helping to develop internal databases of information for use in conducting regulatory checks and searches during business acceptance process.
- Providing reports and updates of items on work list as required.
- Undertaking administrative duties including record maintenance as required.
- Being flexible in undertaking the above responsibilities and any others so required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of a 2:2 preferably in a business/law related degree, or at least 2 years of demonstrable relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills are essential.
- Experience of working in a law firm, risk and compliance or a financial services environment is preferred.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines at speed.
- Flexibility regarding working hours will be an advantage.
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary and package of benefits are on offer for you here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Conflicts Analyst (Magic Circle Firm)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly