This privately funded investment company with a large portfolio of corporate clients across West Africa, Europe and offshore wish to hire a Compliance Officer for their City based in-house legal team.
The client works on a number of high value infrastructure projects ensuring the highest standards are met; from a concept, to a financeable investment opportunity, to a proven operating business.
The Legal and Compliance team comprises of the General Counsel & Head of Compliance, five Legal Counsel, a Senior Compliance & Risk Officer and a Compliance Officer.
As Compliance Officer, your role will be to work on projects across all infrastructure sectors (power, water, transport, etc.) for all African jurisdictions in which they operate. You will take responsibility for driving and embedding best practices across the company. The role of Compliance Officer will involve;
- undertaking know-your-customer checks and other due diligence on projects;
- ensuring that projects' corporate governance and policies are sufficient;
- undertaking ongoing due diligence to keep the know-your-customer file up to date;
- assisting in investigations and follow up actions when problems arise;
- reviewing ad hoc requests from projects;
- assist with the appointment of personnel to project company boards
- supporting the Compliance Team with the maintenance and implementation of our compliance policies and the Operating Policies and Procedures and flag any deficiencies or opportunities for improvement;
- assisting with the identification and implementation of ongoing training for company employees in respect of Compliance (this may include writing and providing group training);
- assisting with internal reporting (monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc);
- providing ad hoc advice and support to all teams across the business in respect of Compliance;
- updating risk assessments and matrices;
- assist in the maintenance of our ISO 37001 certification and other certifications
- undertake desktop audits to monitor Compliance; and
- manage know-your-customer checks and client onboarding requests from third parties;
- undertake general ad hoc administrative tasks to support the Legal and Compliance team as needed; and
- build working relationships across the business to raise risk and Compliance awareness
Candidates will be degree educated with a minimum of 2 years' experience of working in Compliance, preferably with overseas clients, in particular, the African regions. The client works with non-regulated businesses therefore someone who has a thorough KYC, AML and CDD understanding would suit.
An keen eye for detail, strong organisational skills, excellent IT, written and spoken communication skills are also expected for this role. Additional language skills, in particular French, would be an added bonus.
Apply for Compliance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly