Legal Counsel - Commercial
This is an in house role for a junior to mid-level lawyer with Commercial Contracts expertise.
Our Client is a Globally recognised University with an established and busy in house Legal Function.
Drafting and negotiating relevant documentation (including contracts, memoranda of advice, letters court Legal Services Job Description papers, policy documentation etc.), presenting issues to senior management, project managing transactions involving the University and appropriately managing and delegating to junior team members.
In addition you will take responsibility for providing a flexible resource over a wide variety of areas including:
- Commercial contracts, joint ventures and collaborations (including intellectual property and IT matters).
- Risk and compliance (with law and the University's constitution).
- Charity law.
- Regulatory matters
- Legal aspects of finance matters.
The successful candidate is likely:
- to be a England and Wales or Common Law qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- to have at least 3 years' relevant post-qualification experience at a leading law firm or equivalent in-house role (this is a guideline only - candidates with the required level of skill and experience outside this pqe level will be considered).
- to have expertise demonstrable experience in general commercial contracting work (advising drafting and negotiation).
In house experience will be looked upon favourably but is not essential.
For further details of the package on offer for this role which includes salary, benefits and excellent flexibility in working arrangements and work life balance, please apply to this advert or, get in touch with the instructed recruiter, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal.