Legal Counsel (Private equity fund)
A venture capital fund are looking for a qualified Legal Counsel to join and support the Legal department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for in-house legal matters including fund formation, general corporate law and regulatory oversight. This role will report directly to the MD.
Responsibilities of the Legal Counsel
- Provide legal support to the various internal departments
- Work with investors and the business teams on fund structures and negotiation work.
- Negotiate and draft complex contractual agreements with clients, third party providers and financial intermediaries
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the appointed representative on compliance obligations
Qualifications required for this Legal Counsel position
- Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales
- Ideally 2-6 years PQE
- Experience 'in house' with an alternative fund would be a huge plus but not essential, candidates straight from funds practice can be considered.
- Commercially minded
- Self starter