Interim Commercial Lawyer
Interim Commercial Lawyer / Cambridgeshire / 4+PQE / £Excellent -
This is an excellent opportunity for an Interim Commercial Lawyer to join our client’s Legal and Governance team based in Cambridgeshire to support them through a busy period and then a permanent recruitment process. The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer with at least 4 years of post-qualified experience.
Core Accountabilities include:
• To provide legal advice on a wide range of agreements, including research agreements and license agreements. Drafting and negotiating these agreements, as well as supporting internal clients to finalise these.
• To provide legal support as needed to other functional teams within the organisation (e.g. Finance, IT, Procurement, Facilities Management).
• To help develop and contribute to projects within the Legal & Governance team (e.g. projects to update and improve agreement templates/process, develop intranet resources to inform and train internal clients on standard legal processes and agreements).
• Qualified as a solicitor in the UK (or equivalent in other jurisdictions)
• Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts
• Experience of applying legal expertise to business problems in a complex and dynamic setting
• Demonstrable ability to give advice that strikes an appropriate balance between risk and benefits.
• Strong communicator with effective project management and/or time management skills.
• Demonstrable ability to present ideas articulately and to effectively convey legal concepts to non-lawyers
Our client works a hybrid model, balancing remote working with time spent working on site. We are open to discussing a hybrid working model with candidates.