Childcare Paralegal/Legal assistant required for a leading law firm in Greater Manchester
Your new company
This is a well-known, progressive and expansive law firm based just outside of Manchester City Centre. The firm are going through a stage of expansion and are looking at bringing in a childcare paralegal to assist with a growing workload. The firm work with a wide range of both individual and commercial clients.
Your new role
As a childcare paralegal, you will assist within the firms childcare department and work alongside a range of solicitors to ensure of an excellent service to clients. Your typical roles and responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing files to send to costs draftsperson, and liaising with the costs draftsperson to finalise bill and payment for clients.
- Processing disbursements, and submitting POAs on CCMS, whilst managing and processing POAs for profit costs.
- Maintaining general records ensuring proper set up and closure of files.
- Maintaining excellent client care and assisting fee earners in case management and progression.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a client-focused position and the successful candidate would have to confidently manage numerous files and cases at any one time. as such, the successful candidate must:
- Have some experience of file management and legal administration work.
- Have a good understanding of family/childcare law.
- Have knowledge of working with CCMS and/or legal aid.
- Have completed the LLB degree.
- Completing the LPC, and working as a childcare/family paralegal is preferred, but not required.
What you'll get in return
The firm offer an exceptional benefits package; including an above market salary, private medical insurance and an employee benefits trust. The firm also offer excellent progression routes throughout your career, with promotions guaranteed after some time and a training contract likely.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.