Sole General Counsel
This is an exciting time to join our In house client as General Counsel client as they restructure the business to lead the market in this sector.
The role holder will ensure that the company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, effectively be the guardian of the organization and facilitate business strategies development.
The position will include:
● Advising executives, senior management, and board on various matters such as M&A, intellectual property, e-commerce, goods, and services distribution.
● Provision of strategic support to the Group companies and senior executives in matters relating to governance and legal compliance and taking a pro-active role in ensuring that policies and processes in this area are fit for purpose.
● Development and management of relationships with external law firms and ensuring that any external legal resource is appropriate for the advice sought and cost-effective
● Cross-jurisdiction legal compliance management
● Overseeing and identifying the legal issues in all departments and their interrelation, including IT, design, marketing, sales, operations, finance, and production
● Providing expert and strategic legal advice to management
● Setting internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
● Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
● Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients)
● Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
● Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
● Keep abreast of legislative changes
The successful candidate will be collaborative, proactive, comfortable operating in an agile and fast-paced environment and will possess excellent communication skills and high attention to detail.
● Proven general counsel experience in a business environment
● Broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labour law, compliance etc)
● In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations
● Excellent judgement and analytical skills
Whilst this is not a virtual business they understand the benefits in adopting hybrid working and could provide the
optimal hybrid working model for the future, combining the right blend of working in the office and remotely dependent on business demands. Any orientation towards Northamptonshire could be advantageous.
If you would welcome a confidential discussion about this position then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Origin Legal is handling a number of In house vacancies throughout the UK. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.