Associate, Commercial Technology - Privacy and Data Protection
Commercial & Technology Solicitor - City of London - Private Practice
If you are a talented, entrepreneurial and ambitious lawyer, who sees things a bit differently, this global professional services company could be for you. They have built a new kind of law firm, a market-leading legal advisory business with technology at its core - and you can help to shape it.
The UK Technology division brings together over 350 top-flight lawyers, consultants and technology experts. Specialising in big data, AI, robotics and platform-based business models in today's world.
The team is part of a global network of more than 2,000 Legal professionals who collaborate seamlessly across more than 80 countries worldwide. Their multidisciplinary expertise provides holistic legal, tax, risk, financial advisory and other consulting advice to multinational corporations and SME's alike, both domestically and internationally.
You will work within the Privacy and Data Protection team but will also work with all partners in the wider Commercial Technology team across the partners' various specialisms.
You will be responsible for supporting the legal needs of corporate organizations, both suppliers and customers, of all sizes and profiles across the range of technology related issues, in respect of their privacy and data protection compliance requirements and/or service offerings.
You will need to have a real interest in developing your data protection knowledge and applying it across a range of sectors in the technology, digital media and telecoms space.
You will be a qualified Solicitor with experience across a range of topics across data protection including but not limited to:
· Providing legal advice to clients on UK data protection law (GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, etc.)
· Knowledge of Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Investigatory Powers Act desirable but not essential
· Drafting DPIAs including working directly with clients in order to obtain relevant information
· Managing multijurisdictional projects including coordinating legal advice and delivering work product to client
· Drafting privacy policies, consents, legitimate interests assessments
· Creating and maintaining records of processing and using industry tools which enable this
· Negotiating and drafting data processing agreements and clauses as well as data sharing provisions as needed.
What's on offer
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Flexible and agile working
- Fantastic variety of work and clients
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal