2 x Paralegal
£20,000 - £24,000 per annum
Hugh Cartwright & Amin, a long-established West End firm, is seeking to hire two paralegals, one each to join our property and litigation departments.
The firm’s areas of expertise include commercial litigation, corporate and commercial, commercial property, residential property, and secured lending. We provide a pragmatic, tailored legal service to high-net worth individuals, investors, businesses, banks, corporations and charities.
The Paralegal Role
The property paralegal will be required to assist the fee earners with commercial property, residential property and secured lending transactions, as well as managing their own case load. The paralegal may also need to assist with property litigation and commercial transactions. The responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing title documents and searches, in order to prepare reports;
- Research complex titles;
- Preparing option agreements;
- Handling conveyancing transactions;
- Preparing security documents;
- Preparing leases, licences to assign, and rent deposit deeds;
- Reviewing and reporting on leases; and
- Attending to post-completion registration formalities.
A paralegal is also required in the firm’s litigation department, to assist fee earners with all manner of commercial and civil litigation cases, including contract claims, banking litigation, landlord and tenant litigation, and professional negligence claims. The responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing client documents and carrying out legal research;
- Drafting inter-party correspondence;
- Drafting applications, witness statements and instructions/briefs to counsel;
- Preparing disclosure documents;
- Preparing court bundles;
- Attending on clients to take instructions;
- Attending conferences with counsel; and
- Attending mediations and court hearings.
Requirements for Paralegal candidates:
- Have already passed the LPC
- Have an excellent academic record
- Possess a "can-do" attitude and be prepared to hit the ground running
- Candidates with previous paralegal experience will be at an advantage.
The firm aims to offer training contracts in due course to its paralegals, and whilst a training contract is not guaranteed, the firm has a strong track record of offering training contracts to its paralegals, and for them to qualify as solicitors at the firm.
The successful candidates will work closely with all of the firm’s solicitors, who demand commitment, knowledge and enthusiasm from their assistants. This is an excellent opportunity for hardworking and ambitious individuals to make their mark in a successful firm.
To apply please submit your covering letter and CV.