Conveyancing Legal Assistant
Conveyancing Legal Assistant, Loughborough, Salary £18,000 - £22,000 (DOE) plus extensive benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience working within Residential Conveyancing
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
The appointed Legal Assistant/Secretary will have excellent word processing skills, to include audio typing. Must have the ability to use telephone switchboard and display a good level of numeracy and literacy. You will have good organisational skills, the ability to communicate clearly both written and oral.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Audio typing of correspondence, documents and forms
• Checking the Central Diary and informing other Fee Earners where appropriate
• Seeing Clients and taking instructions
• Dealing with queries raised by other service suppliers, e.g. Local councils, search provider and the Land Registry
• Photocopying plans, documents and forms, correspondence
• Drafting documents using Magna Precedents and others as required and engrossing them
• To have a working knowledge of the Solicitors Practice Rules and the Solicitors Accounts Rules and to ensure compliance at all times
• Undertaking any other duties that may, from time to time, be required by the Partnership
You may be required to meet clients in person and speak to them on the telephone, ensuring you provide support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care. This is an ideal opportunity for someone keen to develop as you will be actively supported and encouraged in building on your skills and knowledge.