Childcare Lawyer - 2 year fixed term
LAW Absolute are working with a local authority based in South-East England who are seeking a Childcare Lawyer for a two-year fixed term contract.
The successful Childcare Lawyer will be joining a friendly and supportive local authority who deliver high quality legal work. The council works flexibly and are committed long term to an agile model, utilising working from home and the council office. For this two-year fixed term contract position the client is open to candidates working 100% remotely.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Childcare Lawyer to carry a more complex childcare caseload with maximum flexibility.
About the position:
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing legal advice relating to public care proceedings, adoption, DOLs and general child protection matters.
- Managing a varied and interesting caseload of childcare work.
- Undertaking advocacy, where appropriate, and instructing external Counsel.
- Carrying a caseload of between 10-15 cases in proceedings
- 37 hours per week
- You will join a team made up of 1 Principal Lawyer, 2 Deputy Principal Lawyers, 11 Lawyers, 2 Paralegals, 5 Legal Secretaries.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- To be a Qualified Solicitor / Barrister with a current practising certificate.
- Possess a positive attitude and be committed to a career in child protection work.
- Ideally possess local government experience.
Closing dates for applications is 28th January 2022.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.