This exciting and diverse role will provide you with the opportunity to gain broad experience in a fast-paced international environment. You will focus on managing the corporate work within the European business but there will be the opportunity to be involved in commercial and other legal areas.
This role will be part of the international division of a publicly traded US organisation that encompasses more than 4,000 locations across 15 countries and approximately $3 billion in annual system-wide sales. The international division itself has representation in 13 countries across Europe and Australia. It is led by an experienced team of industry professionals, committed to delivering and growing the division through capital investment and expansion opportunities, continuous innovation, and consumer engagement.
· Management of the corporate legal work across the UK and Europe, including preparation of UK resolutions and board minutes, maintenance of statutory books, management of the registers of directors and officers, and co-ordination and review of resolutions outside the UK with support of outside counsel.
· Management of anti-money laundering requests from the financial service providers of the group.
· Certification of documents and arrangement of notarisation and apostille as required.
· Management of the International trademark register and liaising with trademark attorneys on renewals and challenges.
· Management of real estate work with support of outside counsel (prior experience of real estate is not required).
· Management of trademark attorneys.
· Support of other members of the legal team in other areas of legal work as required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years PQE in corporate or company/commercial law from private practice or in-house
- Experience of corporate maintenance of UK companies is essential, including preparation of resolutions and board
- minutes and management of statutory books
- Experience in any of the following areas of law would be an advantage but is not essential: management of anti-
- money laundering requests, property, commercial transactions, data privacy, employment law
- Multi-national experience is preferred, but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Capacity to manage competing priorities
- Judgement and analytical skills
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Ability to anticipate legal issues and risks
- Sets high standards
- Self-starter and pro-active
- Resilient and tenacious
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Salary between £60,000-£65,000
- Hybrid working
- Genuine opportunity to develop and grow