Corporate/Commercial Solicitor/Associate (Insurance)
Corporate Commercial Associate Solicitor - City of London - Private Practice
Tier 1 City firm is looking to recruit an exceptional Corporate Commercial Solicitor with solid insurance background to become key member of Insurance Advisory Team.
Leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. With offices in the UK, Ireland and across Europe, Asia, North and South America.
This is a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. The firm represents a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. They act for all of the UK's top-ten insurers, and are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector.
The firm has won a host of industry awards and boasts an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 lawyers were singled out in the 'Leading Individual' rankings.
The Insurance Advisory team delivers market leading, industry specific commercial law advice. As a result of the continued growth of our practice, they have identified a requirement for a new senior team member to help meet client demand.
The workload is expected to consist of the following:
· Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements within the UK and international insurance sector, such as distribution agreements, claims handling agreements, TPA agreements, outsourcing agreements and procurement agreements
· Advising on related regulatory issues, such compliance with ICOBS, CASS rules, product governance rules, perimeter guidance and data protection
· Advising on reinsurance arrangements
There will also be an opportunity to advise on discrete regulatory or data protection matters handled by the wider Insurance Advisory team.
· A solicitor with 3+ years post qualification experience gained within a national or international law firm with significant insurance sector experience. In-house experience will equally be considered
· Solid technical ability, particularly with drafting distribution and other commercial agreements and advising on related issues, such as compliance with regulation or data protection
· Experience of M&A transactional work and of Lloyd's would be an advantage
· An ability to present complex information in a straightforward, commercial way rather than an 'academic' approach.
What's on offer:
-Tier 1 firm
-Very competitive salary
-Attractive benefits package
-Great working environment
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.