Associate - FS Funds (Derivatives) NQ+
You will have exposure to a wide variety of work, including:
- Reviewing and negotiating the full spectrum of derivative and trading documentation for hedge fund and other asset management clients
- Providing strategic advice to buy-side clients on all regulatory change projects impacting the derivatives and trading market, including EMIR, SFTR, Securitisation Regulation, SFDR, MiFID2, BMR,BRRD and IBOR transition.
- Supporting clients in their implementation of UMR initial margin projects for Phases 5 and 6.
- Drafting netting and collateral enforceability opinions and reviews.
- Advising on UCITS asset eligibility and AIFMD requirements impacting portfolio transactions.
- Drafting and negotiating custody documentation (including the application of client money and assets rules / CASS), IMAs, TMAs and prime brokerage agreements.
- Collaborating with fund lawyers on fund prospectuses and other fund documentation.
- Drafting or reviewing derivative hedging instruments for financing transactions.
- Partnering with industry bodies such as AIMA, the Investment Association, EFAMA and ISDA.
- Project management of large-scale cross-border advisory projects.
The successful candidate must be:
- Conscientious and ambitious
- Agreeable but prepared to question and challenge.
- Innovative - bringing fresh ideas and open to new ways of working
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.