Partner (Data Protection & Privacy)
Commercial Data Protection & Privacy Solicitor - Partner Level - City of London - Private Practice
Rare and exciting opportunity to join and mould entire department.
National Commercial team is seeking an exceptional and ambitious commercial Solicitor to expand their Data Protection & Privacy department taking it to a new level.
A top 200 law firm with a strong reputation for delivering high quality legal services, combined with a personal and pragmatic approach to complex legal problems.
Currently, the team's work in this area is led by a dedicated data privacy lawyer who is in turn supported by a multi-disciplinary team (including experienced Employment, Commercial, and Regulatory lawyers).
The team acts for clients across a wide range of predominantly private sector industry and service areas including a number with international operations. The team provides a comprehensive data privacy service including advising on:
· The strategy for handling queries and investigations by the Information Commissioner's Office;
· International data transfers, both within and outside the EU (including the use of the European Commission's approved Model Contract Clauses and binding corporate rules);
· Data audits;
· Data protection impact assessments and legitimate interests assessments;
· Breach management and data security;
· Dealing with individual rights (including Subject Access Requests and the Right to be Forgotten);
· Marketing to individuals (including electronic marketing and e-privacy);
· Data sharing (including outsourcing arrangements);
· Employee monitoring (including the use of overt and covert CCTV/surveillance and the interception of electronic communications);
· Data analytics;
· The drafting and reviewing of regulatory documents, including: Privacy Notices, Data protection impact assessments and legitimate interests assessments, Commercial contracts (including data processing agreements and binding corporate rules), Policies (including data protection policies, CCTV policies and data retention policies), and Websites and marketing materials (including cookie notices, lay notices/consent and terms and conditions).
You will join the team, with a focus on building this practice area and growing the firm's (and your own) reputation for information and data privacy legal services.
You will have at least 10 years of PQE and significant experience in acting for large private sector employers. A key part of the role will be to create and deliver new work. You will have excellent business development skills to market our existing capability in this area and grow our client base. You will have experience of:
· developing and implementing a business development strategy and budget, with a focus on generating new business;
· leading and developing a team;
· delivering business development activities, including designing and running bespoke training, speaking at conferences and writing thought leadership papers.
You will possess strong communication skills, a flexible approach and a willingness and desire to work with colleagues across the firm to deliver excellent client service. You will have:
· Demonstrable project management skills
· Dedication to delivering state of the art legal services to the highest standards
· The ability to provide accurate, detailed, advice on the client's terms.
· Business acumen for developing relationships with key clients
· Interest in the technology and products that the firm's clients are buying/ selling
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Attractive benefits package
- Agile/ flexible working
- Ability to design and grow your own department
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.