Trust Solicitor & Compliance Officer
Trust Solicitor & Compliance Officer for Legal Practice
Wills & Trusts Solicitors are not your average legal practice. Established out of a desire from the Group’s IFA business to always put our clients first, we have developed a range of Trust and Probate services that enable us to move away from the traditional approach to one which is more befitting of our client’s needs with a clear and transparent pricing structure and solution offering. We currently have an opening available for a qualified Trust Solicitor and Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP), an opportunity with great potential for a driven professional to play a vital role in helping the shape the future of a fast-growing legal practice.
The Trust Solicitor & COLP is a dual role; to guide clients of the IFA business through the preparation and sale of trust solutions, whilst also being instrumental in creating a culture of compliance throughout Wills & Trusts, helping to identify potential risks and act as the key point of contact for the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal information and advice to clients, appropriate to their individual needs
- Developing new trust solutions in conjunction with the IFA’s; as trust specialist you will be responsible for drafting discretionary trust documentation, deed of assignment and trust transactions.
- Ensuring that any business conducted is done so in a responsible and compliant manner, meeting all legislative requirements, both internally and externally.
- Keep up to date with legislative and industry changes which affect the business and its clients.
- Development and acquisition of clients to ensure that business targets are met
- Provision of technical support with preparation for client meetings, including legal recommendations and client presentations
- Management and delivery of client meetings
- Preparation of meeting notes and fact-finding documentation
- Ensuring that all client requirements are followed through to the appropriate conclusion
- Preparing trust documents that are compliant and meet the requirements of the IFA client
- Maintaining up to date records, communications & documents relating to individual cases
- Managing an ongoing review service appropriate to the client’s needs in line with the business’s proposition offering
- Management of a Senior Paralegal (trust specialist), including on-going training and development and performance reviews
- Continuous professional development to meet regulatory requirements and personal development needs
- Promoting the profile of the business within the profession and wider communities
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
Our ideal applicant will be a qualified Solicitor with previous experience of undertaking COLP responsibilities. You will be a client focused individual that is passionate about providing a professional service and capable of putting our clients needs first. As you will be responsible for ensuring Wills & Trusts Solicitors are compliant in line with SRA requirements it is also imperative that you are up to date with relevant legislation and keen to further develop your knowledge and experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join the W&T Legal team, as we grow you will be able to play an instrumental role in developing the business. There is possibility for the post holder to work from either our Head Office location in Thame, Oxfordshire or our offices in Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire.