Legal Adviser/ Senior Legal Adviser
Excellent new position with a Regulatory Body who are seeking to hire additional Legal Advisers/ Senior Legal Advisers- these roles can be based in Glasgow or London.
- The successful candidate will own and lead on workstreams in their own right, working collaboratively, collegiately and delivering more widely as part of a team.
- They will ensure the delivery of strategic, solutions-focused, high-quality, timely and succinct legal advice, including identifying innovative solutions to support delivery.
- With the team, they will be responsible for managing key stakeholder relationships.
- They will also ensure value-for-money outcomes in terms of any external spend – for example, in instructing Counsel.
- The successful candidate will work with the lawyers to articulate and support the management and mitigation of legal risk.
- Qualified to practice as a barrister or solicitor, in England & Wales or an advocate or solicitor in Scotland.
- Interested in hearing from people at different stages in their career, whether recently qualified or with more experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following: public and administrative law; energy law and regulation; enforcement and consumer protection; competition law; litigation or complex project / procurement work.
- Senior Legal Advisers are expected to have a significant level of experience in one or more of these areas.
- You should be a strong team player, someone who is well-organised and can communicate well with others, offering insightful and tailored legal advice. Excellent legal and drafting skills are important and we’ll want you to assure of your ability to apply sound analysis and judgement in assessing and using evidence.
- Strong team player with excellent proven communication skills to articulate and deliver legal advice.
- Demonstrate strong legal and drafting skills.
- Excellent legal professional skills, powers of analysis and sound legal judgement and expertise in assessing and using evidence.
- Project management and IT skills.
- A proven track record of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Senior Legal Adviser will have demonstrably strong leadership and/or project management skills.
- It would be beneficial to have knowledge of, or a demonstrable interest in Regulation, Energy Law or another regulated sector (desirable but not essential as training and support will be provided in-post).
- Knowledge of one or more of: Information Law (FOIA & GDPR), Human Rights Law, Public Procurement Law.
On Offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please click on the apply button.
Apply for Legal Adviser/ Senior Legal Adviser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly