Corporate/Commercial Legal Counsel
Corporate/Commercial Legal Counsel (4+ PQE) - International firm - Birmingham
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Corporate Counsel to join the General Counsel team of a leading international law firm working from the firm's Birmingham office. In this non-client facing/non-fee earning role you would work on a broad range of corporate transactions and governance matters for the firm. Hybrid working as standard and flexible working patterns accommodated.
Working as Corporate Legal Counsel in the firm's General Counsel team, you would advise on a broad range of corporate matters to include:
· Corporate restructurings
· Acquisitions and the establishment of new offices
· Drafting Joint Venture agreements
· Drafting board and shareholder resolutions and minutes
· Drafting intra group loan agreements
· Drafting Heads of Terms/Memoranda of Understanding
· Negotiating, drafting and advising on a range of contracts and confidentiality agreements domestically and internationally, with support from the procurement team
· Assisting the in-house finance and tax teams on finance and tax issues affecting the firm
· As Corporate Legal Counsel you will be a qualified lawyer with a minimum of four years' PQE in corporate law ideally with some commercial experience too
· In-house or private practice experience welcomed
· Good drafting skills
· An ability to understand all areas of corporate law
· Strong communication skills
· Experience advising senior stakeholders on business critical matters
· A commercial approach
· Good grasp of technology
· Excellent salary and overall benefits package.
· The opportunity to be part of a growing In-House General Counsel team within a dynamic and well organised leading international law firm.
· Highly supportive team environment.
Or if you wish to have a confidential discussion about this Corporate Legal Counsel position, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.