Patent Attorney – Cutting Edge Business
Highly regarded cutting-edge engineering business is seeking to recruit a Patent Attorney to work as part of the existing global Intellectual Property team. The vacancy has been created because of the tremendous growth of the business. This is an opportunity to work on stimulating and challenging products in an environment characterised by energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
- As a trusted Patent Attorney you will be supporting an exciting range of projects including those in Robotics, Energy, Automotive and Digital Motors.
- Working closely with the Research, Design and Development teams, you will get involved from the early stages of a project through to product launch.
- Advise project teams on wider IP issues including infringement and validity of third-party IP.
- External collaborations.
- Draft and prosecute patent and design applications.
- IP filing strategy globally.
- Analyse freedom to operate searches and advise accordingly.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current IP laws and practice and advise accordingly.
- To provide training and guidance to junior staff.
- You must be a UK or European qualified (or part qualified) Patent Attorney
- Experience of drafting and prosecuting mechanical inventions.
- High attention to detail, good organisational skills and able to work independently.
- You will be a dynamic, self-starter able to build trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
Package and Benefits:
An attractive benefits package is on offer including bonus, health cover, pension, gym membership, free restaurant. This position is based at the business HQ, a lively and exciting place to work.
If you are interested in this Patent Attorney position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.