Lawyer- Global Loans
1 day left
- Full Time
The Global Loans practice of this international law firm is recognised by its clients to be one of the most innovative and solution orientated practices- this role will be based in Glasgow with hybrid-working options also available.
- This busy team is an integral part of the Global Loans Practice Group and the team members work alongside their London colleagues advising a wide range of high profile clients from banks, credit funds to private equity houses and institutional investors on both domestic and complex multi-jurisdictional deals.
- The successful candidate would play a key role in the expansion of the range of transactional banking services that the team provides to its clients from the Glasgow office- This represents an exciting opportunity to be part of a developing, strategic practice with plenty of scope for personal and career development.
- You will work closely with high calibre clients and colleagues in Glasgow, London and throughout the firm's global network and can expect to have exposure to a wide range of high quality transactions.
The global loans practice offers specialist advice on:
- Buy-outs and other acquisition finance transactions;
- Real estate finance;
- Infrastructure financings;
- Investment fund and warehousing financings;
- Restructuring and refinancings;
- Asset backed lending;
- Strategic and impaired value debt purchases, including loan portfolio sales;
- Secured and unsecured lending transactions; and
- Treasury products generally.
- You would typically act on all elements of a financing from term sheet stage, through to closing and post-closing.
- Your specific areas of responsibility will be to draft and negotiate term sheets, security documents, intercreditor agreements and facilities agreements, ensuring a smooth process to transaction close.
- You will be expected to have a desire to build client relationships and develop your own internal and external networks with support and guidance from the partners and wider team.
- You would also be expected to manage projects that have been assigned to you, and liaise closely with colleagues, clients, counterparties and other advisers.
- You would be working as part of a committed and inspired friendly team that enjoys its work and considers itself a leader in its field of practice- All members of the team have frequent client contact.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified junior to mid-level lawyer with experience from private practice or in-house;
- Strong general banking transactional experience; acting on all elements of a financing from term sheet stage through to closing and post-closing;
- Enthusiasm to innovate and play a part in building the transactional banking offering in Glasgow; an adaptable person who is a fast learner;
- A team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels;
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs;
- Experience of negotiating with counterparts; and
- A commercial approach.
The firm currently offer one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages in Scotland.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please click on the Apply Button.
Apply for Lawyer- Global Loans
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly