Dispute Resolution Solicitor
Role: Dispute Resolution Solicitor
Leading law firm looking to recruit dedicated / Experienced Solicitor for highly sought permanent positon.
Salary: Competitive. Accountability within a remote working culture is the norm within this business.
Gemini Recruitment are currently partnering with a large and established law firm. Our client serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our client’s accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm.
Our client holds the Investors in People Gold Accreditation Quality Standard Mark and is LEXCEL, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO 27001-2013 accredited and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Dispute Resolution Department background:
Our client’s Dispute Resolution department team has extensive experience in acting for both claimants and defendants, representing individuals, companies, charities or those involved in group litigation, in complex and high value civil / commercial litigation matters, including:
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Building Disputes
- Civil Fraud
- Consumer/ Commercial Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Interim Applications
- International Cross Border Disputes
- Probate Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Residential Property Disputes
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to Department Director
- Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs
- Assisting with casework including dealing with a range of Dispute Resolution cases
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Managing a challenging case-load of clients’ matters from inception to completion
- Preparing draft documents including witness statements and processing evidence
- Attending conferences and court
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with file management
Key Skills Required
- Demonstrate passion and experience in a broad range of Dispute Resolution matters
- A strong academic background with a Law degree
- Legal experience as a Litigation / Dispute Resolution Solicitor/Advisor
- Clear understanding and application of Litigation / Dispute Resolution Laws
- Business acumen and the ability to market the Company
- Excellent communications skills to work effectively with all types of people
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills and ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional Birthday leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- Up to 4 days paid sick leave*
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- The Law Society Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for*
- The Law Society registration fee for Panel membership paid for*
- Panel courses mandatory for the Law Society Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- DBS Check costs paid for
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
On offer is an attractive salary package, a supportive team environment and real prospects for promotion. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours. The Company will allow working from home.
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
About Gemini Recruitment and Equal Opportunities:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
Our primary aim is to deliver a quality bespoke service to our clients. We are currently handling the careers of a number of experienced legal professionals ranging from legal support staff to Solicitors. Our clients are based across the country and have vacancies covering numerous areas of law. If you are looking for your first job or want to move up the career ladder, we can help.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If you are keen to begin your career with a firm that’s committed to training a new generation of Solicitors, apply now for one of our agents to contact you.