In-House Housing Paralegal
An exciting opportunity for a Housing Paralegal looking to take their legal career in-house. This roles works to support the business in dealing with a broad spectrum of housing matters and ad hoc legal queries both internally and externally.
- Dealing with all aspects of tenancy and leasehold management including possession, disrepair, anti-social behaviour, other tenancy and leasehold issues including service charge disputes.
- The role will be to provide Paralegal support to the in-house Legal Services Team.
- You will be responsible for providing support to the Legal Services Team so that the team can provide a comprehensive in-house legal service on all aspects of tenancy and leasehold management law including possession, disrepair, anti-social behaviour, other tenancy and leasehold issues including service charge disputes.
- Assisting the Head of Legal Services and the Housing Solicitors with casework, particularly, the handling and management of disrepair claims within the pre-action protocol.
- Attending client meetings to take instructions on claims, preparing cases and disclosure to customer's solicitors, assessing quantum and draft without prejudice offers and settlement of claims where appropriate.
- Managing and maintaining a large and varied caseload, primarily of disrepair claims, including possession claims based on anti-social behaviour and other breaches, defending claims based on disrepair and other causes of action.
- Strong academic background
- Legal experience as a Paralegal (minimum 6 months).
- Experience in housing and/or leasehold law acting on behalf of landlords or tenants gained in private practice, local authority or in-house Registered Provider legal team.
- Experience of working as part of and supporting a busy legal team.
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude with the ability to work on your own initiative.
Permenant role, competitive salary and hybrid working.