Construction and Engineering Lawyer (Inhouse)
Large Utility Business in West Sussex looking for Engineering & Construction Lawyer to join them ASAP.
Your new company
My client is one of the largest Utility Business in West Sussex with a large inhouse legal team and diversified ongoing engineering and infrastructure projects at the moment.
Your new role
The vacancy is for a specialist senior Engineering and Construction Contracts lawyer focusing on the full remit of non-contentious and some aspects of preliminary contentious E&C matters.
- advising the company on the legal ramifications and structuring of a wide range of often complex and expansive engineering and construction arrangements and diverse capital projects, transactions and contracts, sometimes of a very high financial and reputational value;
- focusing on the full remit of non-contentious (and some initial stages of contentious) E&C matters relating to infrastructure and non infrastructure projects.
- providing specialist level technical drafting, negotiation, and setting of various forms of E&C standard (particularly NEC3 and NEC4 suite of contracts) and non standard contractual documentation;
- being the legal lead on high value and complex capital projects, advising on technically challenging and highly specialist engineering and construction projects, working with, advising and supporting project teams and operational functions; etc.
- leading on high value engineering infrastructure projects and can expect to handle E&C contractual matters on a regular basis
- operating at a senior level and have responsibility for your own workload and be expected to steer the direction of your area of expertise
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales with at least 7 years PQE
- Solid Engineering Contracts experience especially NEC3 and NEC4 is a must to have
- Good project management skills especially large infrastructure and engineering projects (not just only commercial properties but also experience of building up a tunnel, etc)
- Flexible with either practice or inhouse background and worked with utility, oil& gas, telecom industry clients will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills, team working and approachable
- Can travel to Worthing office 2-3 days a week
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary Package including base pay, car, bonus and generous pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.