Competition Lawyer (4-8PQE)
1 day left
- Full Time
Competition, Senior Associate, 4-8PQE
This top 100 law firm are seeking an experienced Competition Lawyer to join their team. They advise on a broad range of competition matters, including mergers, anti-trust, consumer/contracts issues and subsidy control (as well as legacy issues arising from EU State Aid). They are familiar with integrating competition law advice within a 'bigger picture', including for example in relation to selective distribution networks, joint ventures, digital markets and the increasing convergence with the regulation of personal data usage. The team works closely with other specialist teams across the firm, including Corporate, Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Energy, Projects and Technology. They also advise public-sector bodies, when they are engaging with markets, including in relation to regulated procurement processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience of some or all of the following aspects of practice:
- UK Merger control - with some cross-border aspects
- Anti-trust, including restrictive trade practices, abuse of dominant position, block exemptions etc
- National Security and Investment Act 2021
- Regulated procurement (i. under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and related regulations for utilities, concessions and security/defence)
- Subsidy Control
- UK internal market
- Trade, tariffs, WTO, TCA and EU legacy issues.
You will also have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, being an effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal)
- A commercial, pro-active and professional approach to work
- Excellent drafting skills
There is an established internal workload as well as the opportunity to grow the practice, including by refining and marketing offerings for dawn raid cover and compliance training. The successful candidate will report to one of the senior commercial partners, who has extensive experience in this field but also a wider commercial practice.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Competition Lawyer (4-8PQE)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly