6 days left
- Full Time
A broad commercial role in a business that offers fantastic career progression.
Large well known Telecommunications and Technology organisation with a fantastic reputation.
Offices in London and the Thames Valley.
Forward thinking company who has a focus on developing their teams. Excellent career progression opportunities and support throughout the business.
* A critical role where the incumbent delivers diverse and bespoke legal solutions.
* Accountable for a broad range of commercial legal matters, driving effective execution of projects, identifying risk, escalating as appropriate, recommending mitigation and implementing solutions, with primary responsibility for legal advice relating to, amongst other matters:
o negotiation of commercial contracts
o negotiation of procurement agreements;
o advice on consumer matters and customer terms and conditions.
* Able to work autonomously, with judgement as to when escalation is appropriate, keeping the Head of Legal and GCO Senior Leadership Team and relevant parties informed as to material issues, presenting clearly and precisely, enabling senior stakeholders to understand key facts and issues including accurate and articulating reporting on status and execution of projects, changes to agreements and material risk.
* Supports all areas of the legal department as and when necessary, taking on responsibilities, picking up a variety of deals on an as needed basis given ongoing changes across the business.
* Manages 'client' relationships across all levels.
* Proactively supports contract management function, raising upcoming key milestones and supporting negotiation and renewal of deals.
* Recognised as a trusted member of the business, whilst maintaining the necessary independence and integrity of a legal advisor. Influences at all levels, acts as a source of counsel and sounding board, participates and acts as a catalyst, with confidence and gravitas, challenging the status quo, pushing back when appropriate, providing lateral thinking.
- Ability to adapt to change and ambiguity in a complex, fast-changing environment, and competent in coping with uncertainty and risk, advising and making recommendations on short timescales based on information available at the time.
- Provides sound commercial legal advice, utilising knowledge of the competition, industry, the bigger organisational picture and key issues facing our business. Solutions orientated and able to simplify complex matters.
- Thrives on and is open to direct feedback, debate and challenge with their thinking both individually and as part of a team. Furthermore, takes a lead role in creating an open culture of feedback, debate and challenge across the department.
- Supporting projects, including managing/delivering to tight time lines and working in an environment where there is a need to respond quickly to multiple changes in instructions/requests, and where senior management is often involved in the detail.
- Exudes high energy and is results focused, keeping pace with the business and driving execution whilst working calmly and quickly in crisis situations; managing multiple material matters at any one time, "fire-fighting" where necessary whilst maintaining excellent service in "business as usual" matters.
- Strong instincts, politically astute, able to think and act quickly on their feet.
- Self-knowledge - ability to know own limits and to manage these.
Private Health care, life assurance, pension, 25 days and birthday + BH and various other benefits.