Senior Privacy Legal Counsel
5 days left
- Full Time
My client seeks a highly skilled privacy lawyer to support the global Compliance team from advisory, compliance and drafting essential privacy clauses within agreements.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating privacy-related documentation including Data Processing Agreements and contractual provisions concerning data privacy obligations.
- Conducting Data Mapping, Data Protection Impact Assessments, Legitimate Interest Assessments and Data Transfer Impact Assessments to identify, assess and manage Privacy risk and ensure compliance in respect of proposed company initiative.
- Maintaining the Privacy inbox and handling initial incoming queries and DSARs
- Conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits in conjunction with the Privacy and wider Compliance team
- Assist in reviewing and assessing current legal and governance processes, structures and procedures within the group.
- Support to Compliance integration-related initiatives and dependencies.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and updating of legal systems and records.
- Legal research and providing updates on changes to applicable laws and regulations in respect of data privacy regulations.
- Support corporate business projects and initiatives with a privacy dimension.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures, manuals and work instructions.
- Operationalise compliance policy decisions propounded by the Legal Department.
- Establish good working relationships with line managers across all business units.
- Liaise with external counsel and relevant authorities.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Highly experienced lawyer with experience of data privacy, data handling and data classification.
- Managing data privacy issues in a global organisation.
- Working understanding of global and European data protecion laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR and UK GDPR.
- UK Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE (preferably in-house)
- Law degree from a recognised university
- Up to a 6 figure package on offer with a generous bonus
- Flexible working arrangements
Apply for Senior Privacy Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly