Commercial / Regulatory Energy Lawyer
5 days left
- Full Time
Commercial/Regulatory Energy Solicitor - Associate/Senior Associate level (2/4 PQE+) - Birmingham (hybrid) based
Top ranked international law firm is seeking a Commercial/Regulatory Energy Solicitor to join its growing global energy practice. The role is to be Birmingham based with flexible working options and 50/50 hybrid home/office working. This opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week) permanent basis and open to those looking for a position at the Associate or Senior Associate level. Excellent salary, bonus and wider benefits package.
· As a Commercial/Regulatory Energy Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Work in one of the most dynamic, fast moving and fastest growing sectors.
- Act on the most complex, strategic and high value energy and infrastructure transactions in both the UK and internationally.
- Act for international developers, sponsors, utilities, networks, funds, banks, corporates and industrials, oil & gas majors and government bodies.
- Work on low carbon renewable energy generation and also hydrogen, nuclear, interconnectors, battery storage, biofuels and carbon offsetting.
- Deal with the full remit of energy regulatory work and commercial negotiations on key commercial project documents (especially PPAs and grid agreements).
- Lead on complex transactions (suitable to your experience level).
- Be involved in business development initiatives.
· To be successful in your application for this Commercial/Regulatory Energy Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of two years' experience for the Associate level role ideally with experience within energy or infrastructure projects whether from private practice or in-house and a keen desire to forge a career in the energy sector.
- A minimum of four years' experience for the Senior Associate level role.
- Applicants with excellent commercial experience and/or transferable experience in highly regulated, high value, complex markets will also be considered provided a genuine interest in the energy sector can be demonstrated.
- Strong drafting and research skills.
- A good teamwork ethic.
- Strong client relationship skills.
· The successful Commercial/Regulatory Energy Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including bonus.
- Strong partner support within a team of experts renowned for their knowledge and experience in the energy sector.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of energy projects with a strong international flavour at a time of significant growth for the team with energy issues being more topical and relevant than ever given COP26, ESG, Net Zero, the energy transition, and the current energy crisis.
- The option to work on a hybrid basis.
- Flexible working patterns.
· To be considered for this Commercial/Regulatory Energy Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
· BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Commercial / Regulatory Energy Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly