Financial Crime (Sanctions/AML) at FTSE 100 Company
Our client is a FTSE 100 listed company who are looking to hire an additional lawyer into their financial crime team. The postholder must be a UK qualified lawyer (8+ PQE) and ideally will have some in-house financial services experience. The role will predominantly be working with sanctions and AML, so experience in either will be necessary. This is a great opportunity to join an established company, in a role that promises great long-term prospects, a competitive salary and professional culture.
The role will cover:
- Serve as counsel and subject matter expert on FC legal issues, which includes matters that are complex and have significant potential for legal, financial, and/or reputational impact for the company.
- Provide legal advice on the requirements of UK, EU, US, Hong Kong, UN and other relevant FC laws to enable the bank to comply with those laws and manage legal, compliance, and reputational risks across the financial crime portfolio.
- Support efforts to appropriately manage the Bank's risk of breach of FC legal requirements in a commercially sensitive and practical manner.
- Identify emerging trends in relation to FC legal requirements and develop approaches to mitigate potential legal risk.
What will make you successful in the role:
- Superior (expert) knowledge of sanctions, anti-money laundering, and export controls laws and regulations of the UK, EU, US, Hong Kong, and other jurisdictions. Fraud, anti-tax evasion, and anti-bribery and corruption experience also helpful;
- Significant experience advising senior level management;
- Communication and inter-personal skills with lawyers, compliance officers, and businesses across diverse geographies and cultures;
- Lateral thinking, with an ability to interpret and solve complex, global issues;
- Experience in dealing with regulatory matters and confidential interactions with regulators across jurisdictions;
- Detail-oriented and meticulous in follow-up and work product.
Apply for Financial Crime (Sanctions/AML) at FTSE 100 Company
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly