Risk & Compliance Lawyer
A prestigious US Law Firm is looking to hire a Risk & Compliance Lawyer to join on a permanent basis to support new matter intake and lateral attorney hiring by helping to identify, analyse and resolve conflicts of interest in addition to managing the AML for the Hong Kong office. The role will offer agile working, plus a salary of up to £100,000 is on offer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising lawyers and others in the firm on the information required to complete conflicts of interest checks.
- Reviewing and analyzing conflicts of interest reports and identifying and resolving any potential conflicts.
- Drafting and reviewing waiver letters and engagement letter provisions to ensure they adequately address conflicts scenarios
- Supervising AML client due diligence on all clients of the firm’s Hong Kong office, and assisting in the conduct of that due diligence when needed..
- Working with the global AML team to maintain and update AML records.
- Advise on GDPR (data protection) and privacy issues.
- Research and draft briefings on legal market and regulatory changes with particular emphasis on the Firm’s practice core areas.
The successful Risk & Compliance Lawyer must have previous experience as a Risk/Conflicts/Compliance lawyer, in addition to being qualified in either the UK or the US in addition to having strong knowledge of the New York Rules of Professional Conduct and/or SRA Codes of Conduct. Agile working is on offer, plus a salary of up to £100,000 plus fantastic benefits.
Apply for Risk & Compliance Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly