Credit Hire Paralegal
Credit hire paralegal defendant insurance litigation - MOJ / OIC Portal team - £18,000 - £20,000
Credit Hire Paralegal - Greater Manchester
Credit Hire Paralegal / Litigation Executive - This leading national firm is looking for fee earners to work in their MOJ Portal and OIC Portal team. The successful candidates will handle a caseload of credit hire Portal claims from initial notification. They will assess liability, personal injury and credit hire with the aim of achieving the best settlement outcome for a given client.
Credit Hire Paralegal / Litigation Executive - Overview
- Job title: Paralegal / Litigation Executive
- Location: Greater Manchester
- Salary: £18,000 - 20,000
- Reports to: Team Leader
- Previous Experience: Previous credit hire experience is an advantage. However, the team will also consider candidates with general case handling experience as well as LPC graduates who are interested in gaining litigation experience.
Handling Portal as well as non-Portal matters
As well as handling a caseload of Portal matters, successful candidates will also handle liability disputed claims on a pre-litigation basis that subsequently drop out of the portal. While you will be encouraged to develop your own caseload, you will equally benefit from supervision and guidance where required.
In particular, the role involves:
- undertaking initial investigations and liaising with the insured, insurer as well as third party solicitors in relation to liability;
- pursuing the effective and efficient settling of files;
- drafting Court documentation and instructing Counsel as appropriate;
A well-structured team
The credit hire team has always been one of the largest in the UK and they are set for further growth especially given recent client wins. The team is well-structured to give fee earners at all levels the support and training to progress.
This includes taking full advantage of the firm's bespoke career progression framework. Colleagues work in small teams with key insurance and broker clients learning fee earning as well as case strategy knowhow and client relationship skills.
A flexible approach to remote working
The team offers flexible working as a matter of policy. Colleagues are required to work just one day in the office per week with the remainder working from home. The emphasis is on creating an environment where everyone can thrive.
Apply for Credit Hire Paralegal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly