Legal Counsel - Online Retail
A highly reputable and well known online retailer is looking to add to their high calibre legal team with an exciting new role.
This role will focus on supporting the organisation with a wide range of work with strong focus on IT/Software and Data Protection
An extremely well known online retailer with a fantastic reputation.
The role of Legal Counsel will enjoy an extremely broad role, providing strategic legal advice on a wide variety of legal projects and challenge with a particular focus on technology and data protection matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology agreements within the e-commerce sector, providing legal support of new and growing tech such as augmented reality and 3d software tools.
- you will support on strategic technology projects and assist with the structuring, negotiating and documenting strategic tech initiatives.
- you will work with the marketing teams on adtech agreements and other performance marketing matters, and the finance team on fintech agreements.
- partnering closely with the CTO, Head of Technology Operations and Head of Technology Innovation,
- working closely with the Information Security team to ensure the correct data protection measures are in place to protect the business, our customers and employees, and to conduct strategic reviews of key areas of risk,
Suitable candidates for the role of Legal Counsel will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualified lawyer in England & Wales
- Significant commercial contracts drafting experience, with a strong leaning towards technology and SAAS.
- Experience of advising on data protection.
A competitive base salary and benefits package plus hybrid working pattern.