One of the local authorities looking for a Planning Lawyer to manage planning applications and prosecutions.
Your new company
One of the local authorities in Hampshire
Your new role
- Planning Lawyer with emphasis on enforcement. so ability to undertake prosecutions and injunctions
- Provision of expert legal advice to members, officers and committees on relevant aspects of the law arising from the discharge of the councils' functions.
- Delivering innovative solutions to the councils' legal problems with minimal supervision
- Representation of Legal Services at both internal and external meetings when required.
- Briefings and training to other council departments on and in respect of legal topics relevant to the post holder's practice area.
- Promotion of methods of improving the efficiency and processes of Legal Services
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister in England & Wales
- Ideally 5 years + PQE
- Experience of planning applications management, enforcement and prosecutions or injunctions
- Excellent communication skills and team working
- Local Authority experience will be highly preferred
What you'll get in return
6 month interim role with potential for extension, new created position, remote working but need to come to Portsmouth for prosecutions, prosecution will be less than once a month. Budget: £39/hr for PAYE and £44/hr for limited company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Planning Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly