In House Paralegal
We have a rare opportunity for a Paralegal with ADR experience to join an in house team in Cheshire.
This nationwide team of over 500 colleagues provide impartial dispute resolution to consumers and small businesses who haven't been able to resolve complaints directly with energy suppliers, communications providers, or parking operators.
The team have a community-centred, caring culture which has been acknowledged through gaining the 'Great Place to Work' accreditation for two years running.
Whilst they've adopted hybrid working practices, they enjoy being together in their newly refurbished offices which include fantastic collaborative spaces for work and wellbeing, including there own in-house gym and therapy room.
Key accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Manage a caseload of Alternative Dispute Resolution work (conciliation and adjudication) in an accurate, efficient and effective manner using the online Case Management System
· Exercise good case management skills, carrying a caseload of varying complexity at any one time and referring the most complex to the external legal team
· Working in partnership with external legal team on complex cases and cases with a high level of organisational risk
· Provide sound and timely legal advice to retailers, consumers and colleagues, keeping abreast of current legislation through professional practice and personal learning
· Regularly present cases to senior management for review
· Undertake and advise on contract review, renewal and management
· Support OS Data Protection Officer in data protection compliance and the organisations data protection obligations
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders remotely and face to face
· Develop and sustain internal stakeholder engagement relationships with colleagues across the business to improve the quality of the ADR and legal service provision
· Resolving disputes effectively between retailers and consumers and Ombudsman Services
· Participate in and/or provide personal development to colleagues and stakeholders
· Provide MI, KPI and Benchmarking information for internal and external use
· Ensure that any feedback or trends, stemming from cases, are continuously shared with internal stakeholders
Personal Attributes and Skills
· proven legal skills and solid knowledge of current consumer and contract law supported by an LLB or equivalent.
· Dependable and reliable: able to produce consistently high quality and quantity of work
· Excellent prioritisation and able to reach decisions quickly and effectively
· First class consumer service skills
· Confident and authoritative with strong communication skills
· IT Literate
· Ability to change and adapt to the business needs
The benefits of working with us include:
· 26 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Enhanced contributory pension
· Health and Life Assurance Options
· On site facilities including subsidised restaurant, free gym, and free parking
· Superior modern offices with bespoke facilities to encourage creativity and wellbeing
· Access to an Individual benefits package
Hours of work:
· 37 hours per week between the hours of Monday to Friday 8am-6pm
· Hybrid working - mix off office and home working to be discussed at interview
Apply for ADR Paralegal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly