Legal Counsel- Technology
Legal Counsel- Highly acquisitive technology organisation
Our client is looking for a Legal Counsel to be responsible for managing customer, vendor and business partner contracts. The position will report to the UK-based Legal Director.
This is a highly dynamic and fast moving role where you will engage with senior stakeholders across the globe. You will have a high degree of autonomy within a highly flexible culture.
This is an organisation driven by acquisition and growth across the globe.
You must be able to work well with people at all levels, across multiple companies, in various countries around the world, in different time zones. You'll be regularly working with colleagues and customers from all over the world in a truly borderless role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer or commercial contract specialist who is looking to advance their career within the software and IT industries.
The work is challenging, rewarding, and you will have plenty of opportunities for developing yourself and your career.
This role will be on a predominantly remote work-from-home basis, however from time to time (subject to COVID-19) you may be required to attend meetings in a number of local and international locations.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for individuals who have proven significant experience in contract drafting, agreeing, and implementing commercial contracts.
- You will need (1 – 3 years’ experience)
The successful candidate must possess:
- Substantial experience of advising and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Experience of international contracts, or contracts subject to foreign laws and jurisdiction.
- Robust negotiation skills, especially in the context of high-value contracts with customers.
- Experience of working with, or within, a software or IT company would be beneficial.
- Experience of software licensing contracts, together with SaaS, IaaS, PaaS etc.(Ideal)
- Proven experience of producing and presenting reports to a range of audiences.
- Experience of advising in relation to global data protection issues (including EU GDPR, UK GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act).
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines.
- Exemplify strong attention to detail, judgement, and decision making.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently to senior level decision makers.
- A personable team player able to work effectively and collaboratively with everyone.
- Resourceful and flexible; able to quickly adapt in an intense and changing work environment.
- Ability to travel where required to customers and other UK offices or occasionally abroad.
- The ability to think differently, the character to be contrarian, together with the confidence to provide constructive feedback and challenge.
Apply for Legal Counsel- Technology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly