We are exclusively recruiting for a fast-growing Fintech company that is looking for a Compliance Officer to join their business in a role that reports directly to the General Counsel. Candidates should ideally have strong GDPR experience across UK, Europe & the US.
- Support the Legal and Risk teams in structuring, revising, and developing policies and governance documents and in preparing materials for Risk Committee meetings
- Review group-wide agreements and policies, and assist Legal in ensuring business compliance with privacy policies, standards and processes, including implementation of GDPR compliant standard contractual clauses in cross border contracts
- Assist Legal with data protection contractual negotiations with 3rd parties
- Take ownership of the group's compliance training processes and monitoring
- Conduct research on regulatory issues to address queries from various business/stakeholders
- Conduct comprehensive data protection impact assessments, including data protection risk assessments
- Provide incident management support and ensure that any Data related incidents are managed effectively and in accordance with Company policies and UK regulations.
- Work with key internal stakeholders in the review of new projects.
- Previous experience owning the Data Protection function within a business
- Solid understanding of GDPR issues, and preferably US/ UK privacy shield issues
- Background within a compliance team at an FCA regulated firm is highly desirable
- General familiarity with UK and US compliance issues and relevant laws and regulations.
- Excellent attention to process and detail
- This role is only open to UK/EU (with settled status) nationals
The CLARC Guarantee - we 100% guarantee that your CV will never be sent to a client without your prior expressed permission so all of your details are totally secure with us.