Legal Manager/Head Of - Commercial - Leading Brand
Senior Commercial Lawyer to lead small team- In House
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an incredibly successful organisation entering a new phase of growth.
Reporting into the Legal Director, this newly created role will manage a small team in a fast moving and diverse environment.
These are exciting times and you will have the autonomy and support at hand from an experienced team of in house lawyers.
The legal team are very much part of the business and you will have a very visible presence with some of the most senior stakeholders across the organisation.
We found an incredibly supportive and positive culture which has contributed to the amazing growth of this iconic brand.
You will either be looking for a step up from a current in house role and, if coming from Practice, a new challenge in a dynamic environment.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Managing the legal risk in commercial relationships with suppliers, both goods for resale (stock suppliers) and goods & services not for resale (non-stock suppliers), including tenders, contracts and disputes
- Drafting complex and strategic supplier contracts and negotiating their terms
- Developing, and ensuring compliance with, templates and standard terms
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the supplier contracting process
- Collaborating with the group legal team to adopt new contract management system
- Partnering with the group Procurement team and external counsel to manage the supplier risk in an efficient and practical manner
- Managing the business’ risk as a data controller, particularly governance
- Negotiating the contractual arrangements with data processors
- Aligning best practice with group data policies and processes
- Continually identifying data risks, proposing solutions and managing stakeholders
Advertising, marketing, and promotions
- Ensuring that marketing and promotional activity complies with applicable legislation while delivering the commercial objectives
- Managing the risk to their reputation from marketing and promotional activity
- Advising on disputes with counterparties and leading settlement negotiations
- Overseeing the management of liability claims from customers and employees
- Leading a small team of subject matter experts advising wide range of stakeholders
Required Skills & Experience:
· Qualified solicitor, 8+ PQE with proven track record on commercial matters
· Strong analytical & strategic approach to establish credibility with colleagues
· Adept at achieving the balance between legal risk and business priorities
· Strong influencing skills, including the ability to present concepts and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders at all levels
· Experience in negotiating with counterparties on contentious and non-contentious matters
· Highly developed delegation skills to enable tasks to be completed accurately, on time and to a high standard
· Ability to resolve competing priorities and manage stakeholders’ expectations
· Excellent leadership and management skills, capable of gaining and retaining the trust and confidence of capable and driven team members- Essential
· Flexibility and agility to adjust to new demands without dropping standards
· Energy to drive both continuous improvement and step changes
· Willingness to be accountable and take key decisions in areas of responsibility
Opportunities for future progression within the business are excellent.
The role can work flexibly from home with 2 days office based.