Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist will support the London marketing communications function - acrossinternal communications, public relations and social media - within a renowned global law firm.Working under the guidance of the Senior Manager of Marketing Communications, the role will:
- Develop and execute profile‐raising plans for practice groups and other functions within the office, across both social and traditional media. Help ensure the firm is recognized for its market‐leading work by leading on the firm's London awards process.
- Support internal communications for the office, including taking a lead on the production of a weekly newsletter for the London office as well as other key office vehicles. This position will also closely partner with other practice groups and business support teams to help create communications that enhance and promote their offerings.
- Work to increase the firm's reputation around key legal and commercial issues that can help support the firm's business development goals and positioning in the UK and Europe.
- Take responsibility for the profile‐raising of specific practice groups in the London office, across both social and traditional media.
- Manage announcements for the practice groups, liaising with partners and local BD colleagues, on deal announcements and lateral hires.
- Proactively identify potential news, topics and commentary opportunities for practice groups.
- Brief the firm's partners / lawyers in preparation for interviews and provide on‐going media training.
- Build strong relationships with journalists in key national, trade and legal media.
- Work with the Senior Manager Marketing Communications to defend the reputation of the firm, helping with issues and crisis management as required.
- Working with the London HR team to support the team with the London social media channels - specifically Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn - by composing engaging and informative content.
- Promote the use of LinkedIn as an effective business development tool, by promoting the use of the Passle platform, to enable lawyers In London to quickly and easily produce insights that can be shared on social media and other channels.
- Maintain the firm's London media coverage / relationship management tracker, as well as the firm's London marketing communications calendar.
- Maintain a journalist/contacts database, using the Roxhill Media platform.
- Maintain a database of London awards and rankings and write award and ranking submissions as required.
- Working with the London CD team, support the London directory submissions process. INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS & ENGAGEMENT
- Support the Senior Manager of Marketing Communications on the creation and delivery of a range of
internal communications and engagement activities that help strengthen the office's culture.
- Draft and edit the firm's weekly London Bulletin, as well as supporting other London communication
channels, such as the office's regular all‐office meetings, both logistically and to ensure strong content.
- Write and edit posts for the InfoNet, the firm's global intranet.
- Create impactful and crisp communications while maintaining a professional tone and style.
- Determine best channels to deliver messages among different populations.
- Collect and analyze metrics to determine overall effectiveness of communication campaigns and make
recommendations that improve outcomes.
- Support the project management of engagement and comms initiatives from start to finish. Track project
milestones and deliverables; liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing, timely and concise basis;
proactively manage changes in project scope and devise contingency plans.
- Keep marketing communication documents up to date, including annual communication strategy and
timeline and office calendar.
- Organize corporate photographs of London office employees / new joiners and liaise with US colleagues to ensure photos are updated onto the firm's internal platforms and website.