Pensions NQ Associate
This is a very attractive opportunity for a proactive NQ Corporate Associate to join one of the highest-ranking international practices in Birmingham City Centre. The opportunity to work and regularly advise on high profile deals including with cross border elements and recently have undertaken transactions in US, Germany, the Netherlands, South Africa, Ireland, France, Spain, Sweden, Norway and Italy. Our clients expanding global footprint means that they are often working with their local offices for these transactions.
- This firm is a top commercial law firm with both an exceptional domestic and international presence
- They have an international corporate group comprising some 140 lawyers, including more than 45 partners with a 5-partner team operating out of Birmingham
- Our Corporate lawyers work with national and international clients (including corporates, private equity institutions and management teams) across a broad range of sectors advising on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, buy-ins and buyouts, IPOs, secondary fundraisings, takeovers, joint ventures and investments.
- Engaging with a partner on public and private M&A transactions, and equity capital markets transactions.
- Liaising with several departments in the firm on transactions.
- Drafting and negotiating documents to assist clients achieve their business goals
- Managing matters and reviewing and supervising the work of more junior team members
- Managing and developing existing client relationships with the relevant client relationship partner and actively get involved in the Firm’s marketing business development work
- Ability to support and provide pragmatic and commercial advice on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, private equity and venture capital transactions, corporate reorganisations, share schemes and commercial contracts.
- The successful candidate will ideally have gained experience in a City firm or a large regional practice
- Candidates must be technically excellent but equally important, commercially aware and enthusiastic about business development.
- They will be a team player with a strong client focussed approach.
- They will also have a strong academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Dedicated approach to corporate decision making
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- NQ to 2 PQE
- You will have developed strong working relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent commercial and analytical skills and the ability to apply them to create innovative solutions.
- You will have the highest standards of integrity and ethics alongside having an inclusive approach.
- A highly NQ competitive salary dependent on you level of experience.
- Your career is important to us and the success of our firm is driven by ensuring that every employee maximises their potential.
- Excellent progression within the corporate team
- Life insurance
- The opportunity to work with one of the highest international law firms in Birmingham
- Access to tailored learning to suit their skills and ambitions.
If you are interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Siobhan Murray for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful