Associate Paralegal Opportunity- large public organisation- Brighton- Hybrid
Your new company
Our client is a large public sector organisation, seeking two Associate Paralegals to support their Litigation function, based in Brighton on a hybrid basis. As an organisation with over 800 employees, this is a great opportunity.
Your new role
- Provide support to case teams through the efficient management of documents using document management software or external software, including filing, collation, indexing, printing and bundling
- Assist in document review and disclosure exercises, including searching for relevant evidence, identifying privileged material, listing, reviewing and redacting documents
- Liaise with Counsel and other external parties
- Provide administrative support at Determinations Panel (DP), Tribunal and Court hearings
- Format, produce and arrange service of legal documents
- File documentation with the DP / Tribunal / Court to required deadlines
- Conduct legal research on request
- Draft legal advice on request
- Depending on prior experience and satisfactory completion of training, draft Tribunal pleadings and appear at hearings
- Take witness statements
What you'll need to succeed
- Legal study: LLB/CILEX equivalent qualification
- Very strong IT skills, including experience of standard IT software applications, document management systems and electronic disclosure platforms
- Previous paralegal experience, in a regulatory, commercial or criminal litigation environment
- Interest in Pensions/Trusts law.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary package plus great company benefits
- Discretionary bonus, 25 days annual leave, civil pension and a training contract opportunity!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.