Legal Counsel - Global Business
Legal Counsel- Bristol- Flexible working- Global organisation
We are looking for a lawyer looking for an outstanding in house team offering a complex variety and challenge to work within this established in-house legal team.
The organisation continues its rapid rise and is now comfortably one of the UK's leading elite financial institutions.
Reporting directly to the General Counsel, this role offers the opportunity to work with a high functioning team across a wide range of business critical projects.
This varied role will include working on a range of commercial matters to ensure the continued successful operation of the firm’s business whilst ensuring that risks are identified and minimised, and legal interests protected.
The role will involve advising on key strategic projects, providing legal advice to the leadership team.
The ability to work both autonomously and with stakeholders in the business is essential.
Key Duties And Responsibilities :
- Provide proactive, efficient and robust legal advice to the leadership team and other senior stakeholders.
- Manage the legal work streams required for the successful completion of projects within the business.
- Managing legal risk and resolving commercial disputes / complex complaints.
- Draft and negotiate contracts and other legal documents to minimise risks and maximise rights in a commercial context.
- Instruct and manage external counsel where specialist expertise is required.
- Help develop the legal team’s training and knowledge function and play an active role in the supervision of trainees and junior members of the team.
- Build and maintain networks internally and externally to gain insight in area of specialism and keep abreast of developments in relevant law and regulation.
- Assist the General Counsel and Head of Legal with ad hoc projects as required.
Ad hoc Commercial Property advice.
- Able to proactively and effectively collaborate, translating complex matters into easily understood legal advice
- Broad experience advising on legal matters including, data protection, information technology, intellectual property and contract law . We will consider candidates from more specialist backgrounds. For example, Commercial Property, Insolvency, Commercial Litigation.
- Exceptional technical and legal drafting skills.
Good understanding of UK contract law.
Qualified Solicitor ( 1+)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Able to communicate effectively and influence stakeholders at all levels.
Ability to negotiate confidently either verbally or in writing.
Excellent attention to detail.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Apply for Legal Counsel - Global Business
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly