Competiton Law Associate
Competition Associate/ Senior Associate - City of London - Private Practice
Tier1 , Global, law firm is seeking to recruit a motivated and talented Competition Associate due to continued expansion.
Multinational, future focussed firm with 80 offices in 50 countries and over 5000 lawyers worldwide. They combine deep understanding of the sector with a global overview, generating the ability not only to see what's coming, but to help shape it.
The Competition and Trade team handles a broad range of high-quality work including EU and UK mergers, competition investigations, competition litigation, behavioural advice and a wide range of regulatory and trade work. The team also advises extensively on public procurement matters, state aid and CMA consumer enforcement issues.
The Competition and Trade team comprises 4 partners and a team of 12 other fee-earners (and two trainees) based largely in London and Europe. It is part of a wider Competition Group comprising over 225 competition lawyers worldwide. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their career in a dynamic and internationally-focused competition team, with a balanced practice across transactional, contentious and advisory work.
The team is currently expanding and is looking for an ambitious associate to be based in the London office. They are looking for a candidate with a passion for competition and regulatory law, and with an interest in working closely with the highly rated Technology, Media, Life sciences and Energy teams where they are seeing a continued increase in competition-related instructions.
Associates are encouraged to take on high levels of responsibility and client contact is encouraged. From day one your role will include business development activities within the team and across the firm's sector groups. The team undertakes a significant amount of cross-border work, cooperating on a daily basis with international offices and the role will include travel. The firm are committed to investing in the team and provide comprehensive training to develop knowledge and skills.
You will have experience of:
* UK and EU competition law, a willingness to learn public procurement, state aid and/or trade law and a general desire for a balanced practice across the different areas of transactional, contentious and advisory work
* be a lateral thinker and have the ability to think on their feet
* have excellent communication and drafting skills - the ability to communicate succinctly is a must
* have strong commercial acumen and be able to provide clients with focused strategic advice
* be a collaborative and supportive team player
* seek opportunity and lead by example
- Tier 1 firm
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Fantastic benefits package
- First class training and career development programme
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal