Senior Legal Counsel
I'm working with a well-known Manchester retailer, one of the largest businesses in their sector, to find Senior Legal Counsel to lead the commercial offering to the business. This role gives unfettered access to the Board and is part of the overall leadership team. Reporting to the General Counsel you will:
- Review and negotiate contracts for the business autonomously, some of very high value and including; IT, research, supply and distribution agreements;
- Assist with maintenance of the trademark portfolio and advise on IP issues;
- Advise the business on ongoing acquisition strategy and projects;
- Ensuring the business is compliant with its regulatory framework; and
- High level maintenance of disputes and management of external lawyers.
- At least 5 years post-qualified experience, some gained in-house in a commercially focused role;
- The ability to manage contracts of high value autonomously and work closely and successfully with internal stakeholders; and
- This role would best suit someone already in a senior role and looking for an exciting challenge in a growing business, or, an in-house lawyer with great commercial skills looking for their first senior appointment.
The business has a great culture and is in an exciting period of growth which brings with it transformation projects and acquisition. It's a small and close knit team which will offer you lots of time with C Suite Directors and hybrid working from their Manchester City Centre office.