Costs Lawyer London
Bolt Burdon Kemp LLP is highly regarded for running compensation claims for seriously injured people. Our solicitors handle complex and challenging multi-track work within specialist teams. We pride ourselves on providing a high quality service and for employing talented staff who are serious about developing their careers with us. We are ranked in the leading independent legal directories for our fields of work and are passionate about making Bolt Burdon Kemp LLP the best place to work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor / Costs Lawyer to join our highly acclaimed Legal Costs team.
We are also open to hearing from those who have relevant industry experience and are still working towards qualification.
You will assist with:
- managing a portfolio of costs files collectively with your team members and conducting all aspects of advocacy, including CCMCs, interim applications, detailed assessments and appeals;
- drafting bills of costs, replying to points of dispute, and preparing costs budgets;
- internal training and reviewing the ongoing costs management process.
You will ideally:
- be a qualified costs lawyer or solicitor;
- have relevant legal experience gained within a litigation environment (experience gained as a paralegal and / or within a costs team will be highly beneficial and previous experience as a costs lawyer will be highly advantageous, but not essential);
- demonstrate excellent IT and administrative skills, be hard working, energetic and sociable.
In return, we offer the opportunity to excel by providing training, support, supervision and responsibility to match experience.
If you demonstrate drive and commitment and are still pursuing qualifications (solicitor/CILEx/ACL), we will support you in completing them.
Our working environment is demanding, friendly and very flexible.
To find out more about working at Bolt Burdon Kemp, head to our website.
If you are interested in the role and would like to join us, please click the apply button.